I finally managed to find a tofu brand that works excellently every time! With most tofu brands I found, a lot of them are highly saturated and take lots of time and energy to drain the water out so that the tofu don’t end up with the consistency of scrambled eggs.
The brand I’m using from now on is a super firm variation. Its organic tofu made with a traditional Japanese recipe. The best part is that this tofu doesn’t require to be pressed, it’s firm already and just needs to be drained and sliced. It’s too easy. Tofu for the win! I am officially an advocate for tofu with this one…
Here’s a nice recipe for its preparation!
Preparation and cook time: 30 minutes
- A block of super firm tofu
- I have a 280g
- Barbecue spice
- I have braai spice which is a mix of sea salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, green bell pepper, onion, coriander seeds, yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Courgette
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Yellow pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Chop up all the veggies
- Put the veggies in an ovenproof dish and cover with the olive oil, mix them around and put them in the oven
- Open the tofu packet, drain the water out, slice the tofu into cubes and put them onto a layer of baking paper on a baking tray
- Season the tofu with some of your barbecue spice
- Pop the tofu in the oven for 20 minutes
- When the tofu is ready, mix the tofu in the hoisin sauce
- Take your food out of the oven and dish up
This was quick and easy and surprisingly tasty!