One of my favourite braai foods that my mom makes is Braaied Chicken Wings. She makes her own chicken marinade for the braai, and it’s delicious.
I have seen my mom make this recipe a hundred times but couldn’t remember exactly how she makes her chicken marinade that good… So this time when I was there with her, I asked her what the secret was.
Turns out, the ingredients are very simple, the secret perhaps, is just that it is made with love. I had to write this down in order to give it a try myself.
(For those of you who are unsure what “braai” means, it’s our South African way of saying barbecue!)
- 3 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Chutney
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- A bit of Salt and pepper
- A bit of Cumin and coriander
- 250g Chicken wings
- Add all the ingredients into a cup and mix them together
- Grab your basting brush
- Add the chicken to the braai grill
- Turn the chicken every couple of minutes, basting the chicken with the marinade as you turn the chicken.
- The chicken wings will take about 25 minutes on a hot braai.