This is a great one for mid-week when you don’t feel like spending a lot of effort cooking after work. The trick for this is using store bought meatballs that have been prepared already (just the meat without the sauce).
The best part of this recipe is the sauce that goes along with the meatballs! So here’s what I did for a great tasting meatball sauce.
- 450g meatballs (meat uncooked with no sauce)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of beef stock mixed in boiling water
- 3 bay leaves
- (optional) add some chopped red chillies
- a grind of salt and pepper
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
- A shake of mixed herbs
- In a pan add a tbsp olive oil and on a high heat brown the meatballs
- Add some salt and pepper to them
- Add the stock and tin of tomatoes
- Reduce the heat to a simmer
- Add the chillies, bay leaves, mixed herbs and grated cheese and mix together
- Leave the meatballs to simmer for 40 minutes, stir every once in a while
- In a pot get some boiling water going and add your spaghetti with 1 tbsp olive oil and boil for 30 min
This is by no means super healthy, but it’s perfect for a cold evening when you are in need of some comfort food!