Here’s a real South African breakfast of champions!
Here in Dublin I finally found South African boerewors (for those who don’t know it’s a fantastic South African sausage to throw on the braai/ barbecue).
So besides having scoffed half it down just after I cooked it, I decided to be creative and make a breakfast out of the rest! Here’s what I did…
- 2 Bagels (one for you and a buddy unless you are super hungry)
- A dash of chipotle sauce (I have the jalapeño one)
- A cup full of scrabbled eggs (yup, you know how to make this)
- 1 Avocado
- A stukkie (piece) of boerewors
- Add a layer of that avocado on a bagel half
- Put some scrambled egg over the avocado
- Add a halved stukkie boerewors
- Throw that chipotle sauce on the top
- Close your bagel
Pour yourself a nice cup of coffee and enjoy your bagel