Now that I’m focusing both on weight training and cleaning up my diet, I have discovered having a sweet tooth is my biggest obstacle. I’m especially susceptible between meals or even after dinner.
I’ve done a bit of research around nice protein rich snacks that can help that the edge off the sugar cravings, and I discovered protein peanut butter balls. I’ve heard of them before, but never tried to make them until now that I’m slightly desperate for a sweet snack!
They turned out brilliantly! I tried the recipe from https://www.bodybuilding.com/recipes/protein-peanut-butter-ball. After munching on 4 of these I’m in a much happier place.
They are super quick and easy to make. 5 Minutes!
- 1/2 Cup of raw oats
- 1 Scoop whey protein (I used the peanut butter chocolate flavour)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp crunchy organic peanut butter
- Pop the 4 ingredients into a bowl and mix them all together so that the mixture binds together nicely
- With clean hands grab a spoonful of mixture and roll in into a bite-sized ball
- Place it
into your mouth if you are in a hurryinto a Tupperware
- Put the Tupperware into the fridge and let them chill