One thing the Irish burger restaurants have perfected about burgers is the combo between cheese, beef and streaky bacon. I decided to try this while sneaking in a healthy veg layer. The results were amazing!
One way never to be disappointed in burgers is making them yourself. Making your own burgers allows you to be creative with the toppings and add as many of your favourite ingredients as you can. Another great perk is that they are quick to make!
Cooking duration: 30 minutes
- 1 Small red onion chopped
- 1 Tsp chopped ginger
- 1 Tsp chopped chilli
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Cup chopped kale
- 1/2 Chopped carrot
- 1/2 Tsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Chopped spring onion
- 4 Slices streaky bacon
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 Burger buns
- 4 Quarter pound burger patties
- 8 Smokey cheese slices
- In a pan, heat up the olive oil, fry up the burger patties and streaky bacon
- Chop all of the veggie ingredients
- Add mayonnaise to the burger buns
- Add a slice of cheese to the burger buns
- When the burger patties are done, lower the heat and add a cheese slice on top until melted
- Add the burger patties with cheese to the burger bun and top with the veggies
Ta da! Now you have an amazing, tasty burger and you still got your veggie intake for the day.