On a bit of a mission for something sweet and something that doesn’t take ages to bake in the oven, I managed to find a recipe where you can make a chocolate cake in 5 minutes.
This is the recipe I tried: Food Network: Chocolate Cake in a Mug
Technically this recipe is for a cake in a mug, but I found even though the cake batter rises a little from its trip in the microwave, you probably don’t need a mug, a teacup would work.
The lovely part about this recipe is if you eat it soon after making it, the cake has a lovely warm, melty chocolate taste. Delicious.
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil (I didn’t have any so I substituted with coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a microwavable cup or mug, add all the dry ingredients together and mix
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix well
- Pop the mug/ cup in the microwave on high for no more than 90 seconds
- The biggest trick to this recipe is ensuring the batter doesn’t dry out in the microwave, even 90 seconds seemed a bit long, next time I will try 80 seconds and see
- Take the cake out of the microwave and leave it for about 3 minutes to cool